I found this digital story called "Home Movie" by Dana Atchley on the Center for Digital Storytelling website. It's not exactly what I'm thinking of doing, but like this author, I'm inspired by the pictures of my family's past.
One line stands out to me: "I never get tired of looking at these images. These men and women now in their eighties looking so young and vital, the colors so rich, the breeze still blowing through the trees." I imagine that Dana Atchley and I share the same optimism and the same nostalgia when looking at our parents in their youth.
I really liked the repetition of the videos, how year after year, the boys walk out lined up. And yet, like life, every year is different. The heights change, the turns get sillier, the video quality improves. This video is wistful and nostalgic without being saccharine or cliché. I also like how the speaker gives us little snipets of detail, like his parents' divorce. These details are just enough to make me curious and want to know more.
No comments:
Post a Comment